Thursday, October 29, 2009

God said, "Let there be land".

In school Maddy is beginning to read her Bible Reader. This is a book filled with Bible stories she can read beginning with Creation in Genesis. She LOVES this book. I was having trouble with her not wanting to read. She would say it was too hard, until we began reading in her Bible Reader. She LOVES reading her Bible stories! She always wants to read 2-3 days ahead. I am so excited for her and very relieved. Anyway, today we read about Day 3 of creation. God created land and plants and fruit with seeds. So we cut into some fruit and veggies and counted seeds. Both kids loved this activity. They put on their "detective gloves" and went to work dissecting an apple, a persimmon, a bell pepper and a mini pumpkin. We even made a chart to see how many seeds were in each fruit/veggie. The kids then had fun tasting each food. Have I said how much I enjoy homeschooling lately? Well... I DO!

No comments: