Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time for a recipe

I love when Karen posts recipes so I thought I would post one of my own.
I tend to buy meat by what is on sale at my local grocery store so I usually end up with lots of one kind of meat at a time and I need variety! So here is a recipe my family loves, the recipe calls for cube steak but I use anything from slices of roast to venison from my freezer.


Swiss Steak

3 lbs cube steak/round steak
3 T flour (seasoned with Tony's and oregano)
1 med onion, sliced
2 c beef bouillion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint mushrooms
3 T oil
1 lg can tomatoes, strained

Dredge steak in seasoned flour. Heat oil in skillet and brown steaks in batches, then place in casserole dish. Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil for 3 min, til mushrooms are letting out juice. Add tomatoes and beef stock and cook a min or so longer. Pour veggie mixture over steaks and cover (make a tent with aluminum foil) Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hrs.
Serve over mashed potatoes or rice or we have even had this served over egg noodle pasta at an italian resturant.

I always feel like Rachel Ray when I cook this meal :)
Let me know how you like it and post some recipes of your own.

No comments: