Monday, August 2, 2010

Partner Profile - Duke and Betty Landry



Duke and Betty “Nanny” Landry are my (Jerry) cousins on my mother’s side. I call Betty, “Nanny” because she is my god-mother and some of you know that is the ONLY thing I will call her! I used to call Duke-Uncle Duke which thoroughly confused anyone who knew Nanny and I were cousins!
Duke and Betty attend my home church, Grace Community Bible Church, in Denham Springs, La. It was at this church that I grew up and had the opportunity to be under some godly people. It was on a mission trip to Romania that I took with Duke and Nanny that helped me understand the importance missions played in the lives of teenagers and its importance in the life of a church.
I can remember being on the airplane and being so distraught with the thought of leaving my mission field that I actually contemplated getting off the airplane and staying in Romania to be a missionary! I thought I could sell all my stuff back home and live in Romania. Nanny, being aware of my feelings, walked back to my seat and told me that she understood how I felt but that if I didn’t come home on that plane my mom would kill both of us! Of course I laughed and understood what I needed to do and am incredibly thankful I did. It was not long after I arrived back home that I was given the email address to one future Mrs. Gerald Lastrapes.
I do have many people to thank for helping me understand the importance of missions and Duke and Nanny are some of those people!

1 comment:

LegalJunior said...

oi....
seu blog ta muito bom..
gostei....

visita o meu
e me diz o q achou..

http://legaljunior.blogspot.com/